Services & Solutions
Virtual Campus Leasing We provide private branded 3D campuses for our corporate and university clients.
Simulation Design & Delivery Creating custom 3D simulations to support your training and development needs.
Custom Learning &
Development Solutions We support everything from MOOCs to Master’s programs to distributed team meetings and trainings.
Instructional Design We help subject matter experts adopt their instructional design in today’s state of the art education ecosystem.
1. StoryboardWe identify your needs
2. Develop the SolutionOur development team creates your world and adds functionality
3. We will host!We host your world and set up a software license
4. Launch Your World!Your VirBELA world goes LIVE!
5. Tech Support!We provide additional tech support
Why 3D for Learning?
- Action Learning
- Social Presence
- Sense of Autonomy
- Spatial Audio
- Big Data Assessment
- Blended Learning
- Globally Inclusive
- Spacial Learning
VirBELA receives innovative education award
In April 2012, GMAC selected VirBELA as a winner in its GMAC MET Fund Ideas to Innovation Challenge. The competition sought the best ideas to improve graduate management education and VirBELA's proposal was selected as a winner among over 650 ideas from around the world. The VirBELA co-founders were awarded $25,000 for their idea and in 2013, in collaboration with Rady School of Management - UCSD, were awarded a $1.74M grant from GMAC to implement their idea. Since then we have designed and hosted a number of virtual learning platforms for various corporations and universities.
Discover what other’s are saying about their VirBELA experience below.
VirBELA hosts $55k Global MBA Competition
VirBELA launched with a global business simulation competition. MBA students from the top universities around the world worked on multi-national teams to compete for $50,000. The competition challenged students’ business acumen as well as their ability to work effectively on a multi-national team. Watch a video of the students in action in VirBELA here or read about the event in the press.
VirBELA offers 3D Campuses to Universities
- Many online education platforms provide effective solutions for asynchronous learning, but do not provide opportunities for social and experiential learning. Universities have been using private VirBELA campuses to deliver lectures, offer tutoring, host office hours, and run simulations. VirBELA’s platform fosters student collaboration, emotional intelligence, and engagement.
“VirBELA has been the ideal tool for student interactions in our online courses. The
VirBELA team was amazingly helpful in customizing an educational world which met our
needs. We are now offering a diverse range of undergraduate and continuing education
courses with sessions in VirBELA.”
Sarah Eichhorn, Associate Dean of Distance Learning
University of California, Irvine
VirBELA Supports NSF Research on Imagination
The Arthur C. Clark Center for Human Imagination is using VirBELA as a platform to measure users engagement in virtual worlds with EEG and other sensing technologies.
The results of the research are expected to have implications in how digital environments can be more responsive to individual needs. Developing a large scale data analysis scheme for comparing and computing EEG signals from many users will be a key development to improving the efficacy of EEG as a method for brain-computer interaction.
VirBELA supports Coursera MOOC
One-hundred M.D.s, Ph.D.s, Pharm.D.s, MBAs, and Lawyers are working on global multi-disciplinary teams to address drug discovery case studies. VirBELA compliments Coursera infrastructure by providing a platform for group collaboration among students.
Mission & History
Our mission is to transform learning for everyone, everywhere.
- VirBELA was founded by Dr. Alex Howland and Dr. Ron Rembisz who see the importance of connecting learners (whether students or professionals) from around the world and providing them with experiential shared learning experiences.
Leadership & Team
Our team consists of professionals with expertise in education, organizational psychology, software engineering, 3D art, and serious game development.
- 3 Organizational Psychologists
- 3 Software Engineers
- 3 3D Artists
- 1 Serious Game Developers
- 2 Instructional Designers
- 3 Management Consultants
We provide 3D immersive learning environments that run on both MAC and PC.
- Unity3D game engine
- Behavioral based assessment
- Integrated collaborative web browsing
- Voice and Text Chat Systems
- Professional Avatar Customization
- Back end LMS
- Cloud based solutions